Sunday, March 15, 2009

We made it!





Hey everybody!

Not much to report so far… We got into Shanghai around 4:00 p.m. China time on Sunday night. The trip went very smooth. We had an exciting taxi ride to the hotel (we think our driver is trying out for the NASCAR circuit). Our good friend Elaine met us at the hotel, and we went out to see the town! She took us to a beautiful restaurant along the Bund district, and we had a fantastic dinner. We saw some of the famous Shanghai landmarks at night, including the Oriental Pearl tower. After dinner, we came back to the hotel – we managed to sleep until 4 a.m… pretty good for the first night. Now we’re up watching the clock until breakfast.

We will spend today in Shanghai, and leave on the train for Yangzhou in the morning.

Claire: “I am having fun in China. I loved the movies on the airplane. I had a great time at dinner with my friend Elaine. My favorite food was the duck with eggs. My family and I are really excited to see Shanghai and then to go back to Yangzhou to find out about my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment